CONNECTICUT.STATERECORDS.ORG IS A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE THAT IS NOT OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY STATE GOVERNMENT AGENCY. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

New Haven County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

The most recent crime statistics for New Haven County is the 2017 data compiled by the Connecticut Department of Public Safety. That year, the county recorded 23 murders, 203 rapes, 863 robberies, and 1,392 aggravated assaults. Incidences of property crimes include 2,826 burglaries, 14,515 larceny thefts, 2,392 motor vehicle thefts, and 68 arsons.

Compared to 2013 figures, overall crime rate declined by 15.7% in New Haven County in the five-year period. The five-year trend for the county also shows that the rates of all Part I crimes fell except for rape. While rape incidences increased by 62.4%, murder (14.8%), robbery (36.2%), aggravated assault (13.2%), burglary (21%) larceny (15.4%), motor vehicle theft (4.5%), and arson (106.1%) rates declined between 2013 and 2017.

Criminal Records

Since Connecticut counties have no central governments and county seats, the municipalities in New Haven County are independent. Like their administration, each town and city has its own law enforcement agency. The major municipalities of New Haven County are the cities of New Haven and Waterbury. Smaller cities include West Haven, Ansonia, Milford, Meriden, and Derby.

To obtain criminal justice reports, such as offense and accident reports, visit the police department in the New Haven municipality where the incident occurred. For example, police reports for New Haven City are available from the Planning/Records Division of the New Haven Police Department located at 1 Union Avenue, New Haven. Requesters can also call the Records Division at (203) 946-6312. To ask for an accident report, call (203) 946-6252.

For criminal justice records for the City of Waterbury, visit the Waterbury Police Department at 255 East Main Street, Waterbury.

The Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection maintains sex offender information for all the counties in the state. It complies these information in a database hosted on the Connecticut government website. Visit the state’s Sex Offender Registry to find registered sex offenders living in the cities and towns of New Haven County. Find individual offenders by searching by name. Alternatively, look up every sex offender living around a neighborhood by providing a street address or zip code.

Connecticut has no county jails. Besides federal jails, all of its correctional facilities are state jails. The Connecticut Department of Corrections oversees the administration of these jails. The one in New Haven County is at 245 Whalley Avenue, New Haven. Contact the New Haven Correctional Center by visiting it, calling (203) 974-4111, faxing (203) 974-4167, or sending a letter to P.O. Box 8000, New Haven, CT 06511.

The Connecticut Department of Corrections provide a handy online inmate search tool to help the public locate individuals in any of the state jails. For additional information, contact the agency at this address:

Connecticut Department of Correction
Public Information Office
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Phone: (860) 692-7780

Court Records

There are three judicial districts in New Haven County. These are New Haven, Waterbury, and Ansonia-Milford. The City of New Haven has a Probate Court located at Room 101 on the First Floor of the City Courthouse at 200 Orange Street. Contact the court at (203) 946-4880. Its Federal District Court is at the Richard C. Lee Courthouse at 141 Church Street. Its contact number is (203) 773-2140. New Haven Superior Court is at 235 Church Street and its phone number is (203) 503-6800.

The Superior Court in Waterbury is at 400 Grand Street and its contact number is (203) 236-8100. The city’s Probate Court is at 49 Leavenworth Street and its phone number is (203) 755-1127. Waterbury Federal District Court is 300 Grand Street and it’s reachable at (203) 591-3300.

Themain courthouse in the Ansonia-Milford Judicial Districtis at 14 West River Street, Milford and its phone number is (203) 877-4293.

Case records for the Superior Courts in New Haven County are available on the website of the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch. Visit the Case Lookup page to find links to criminal and civil case documents. For civil, family, housing, and small claims cases, find records on the Superior Court Case Lookup page. Criminal and motor vehicle case records are available on a separate Lookup page.

Records for cases tried in Federal District Courts in New Haven County are available on the Case Management portal of the US District Courts. For New Haven Probate Court records, visit the state’s Probate Court website and search from the Case Lookup page.Use the District drop-down menu of the search tool to filter your result by selecting a municipality in New Haven County.

Copies of case documents for the state and federal courts in New Haven County are available at the courthouses that heard those cases. Requesters may also contact the Offices of the Court Clerks by calling the court’s phone numbers to ask about obtaining copies of court records.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Connecticut Judicial Branch maintains divorce records for all counties of the state including New Haven. To obtain copies of divorce records, visit the Judicial District Clerk’s Office in the court that granted the divorce. The District Clerk’s Offices in New Haven are at the addresses of the District Courts in New Haven, Waterbury, and Milford (addresses in the previous section). Note that District Clerks refer to Divorce Decrees as Judgement Files.

There are two ways to obtain vital records, including birth, death, civil union, and marriage certificates, for New Haven County. Requesters can contact the State Vital Records Office at the Connecticut Department of Public Health. This office has birth, death, and marriage records from 1897 to the present. Download and complete a copy of an Application for Copy of Birth, Death, Marriage, or Civil Union Certificate. Include a money order covering record fee with your mail application. Make the money order payable to Treasurer, State of CT. The fees for vital records obtained from the State Vital Records Office are $20 for each copy of a death, marriage, or civil union certificate and $30 for each copy of a birth record.

Send the completed application to:

CT Department of Public Health
Vital Records Office
410 Capitol Ave. MS#11VRS
Hartford, CT 06134-0308

The second method of obtaining New Haven County vital records is by contact the Vital Records offices in the towns and cities of the counties. Some of these offices are

New Haven Bureau of Vital Statistics
165 Church Street
New Haven, CT 06510
(203) 946-7931

Fairfield Town Clerk
611 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203) 256-3090

Waterbury Town Clerk
Vital Statistics
235 Grand St.

Waterbury, CT 06702
(203) 574-6800

Derby Town Clerk
1 Elizabeth Street
Derby, CT 06418-1897
(203) 736-1462

Ansonia Town & City Clerk
253 Main Street
Ansonia, CT 06401
(203) 736-5980

Obtaining vital records fromthese local Vital Records Offices is quicker. Make sure to complete and bring an Request for a Certified Copy of a Birth, Death, Marriage, or Civil Union Certificate to the Vital Records Office in your town or city. The local Vital Records Offices charge $20 for each copy of a birth, death, marriage, or civil union certificate. Wallet-size birth certificates cost $15 each.